Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Where Is The Light?...

Here's a thought that may be new to someone, or simply understood differently when viewed from a different angle...

As I'm watching the postscript to one of the lessons in the Truth Project series, Dr.Del Tackett makes an interesting discovery...funny, and yet sad at the same time that we don't put much though into it...

Here's a quick summary of what he says: (forgive me if I leave out something important or add something unnecessary...not my intentions)

One day his son was getting something out of the closet, and he noticed that when the closet door was opened, it was light inside! When he got in the closet and closed the door, however, it was dark inside...he got back out, opened the door, and once again it was light! His discovery was that when there is darnkess and light present, light overtakes the darkness. Darkness does not overtake the light...
The connection he makes to that principle is this: If darkness is spreading thorugh the land, it's not because someone opened a box of "darkness", it's because someone is hiding the light...or Jesus is removing the lampstand from it's place...
( Revelation 2:5 (New American Standard Bible)
5'Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first; or else I am coming to you and will remove your lampstand out of its place--unless you repent.)

Not to make this complicated, (because there was a whole lesson before that which related to this...and it may not make sence to you if you have no clue what i'm talking about)...but I just thought it was really a neat discovery!...not because it's new...I mean, come'on now...we all know that it's dark in the closet... (that's why most kids close their closet doors before they go to sleep...cuz their scared of the dark)...but because even though we know that light overpowers the darkness...often times we are afraid to shine, and hence, we hide our light...so the world remains a dark place...
This little 3 minute lesson caused me to re-analyze if that someone who is hiding their light could be me at certain times...

We need to be bold, and know that light overpowers darkness! Let's not hide!!!

(I understand that this topic is way deep and beyond the few lines that I've mananged to scrible here, but I hope you get the point correctly. To those who are in the process of going through the Truth Project series...this was in the postscript to lesson 10...)

Blessings!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

I Love the analogy! so simple but so deep at the same time. thank you for that..I too find myself hiding..it's like a never ending roller coaster (high's and low's) =( thank you for your reminders and encouragement. God BLess

ps you can run with me anytimeeee!!! =)