Saturday, November 27, 2010

Give Thanks


How was your Thanksgiving day? Was it one more memorable day to be reminded how blessed you and your family are? I had a wonderful time being with an amazing family that invited me, my family and several friends to their Thanksgiving dinner. We were a diversified bunch, with Slavic and American guests all gathered together at this event. We had a great potluck dinner with lots of psalm singing, sharing the significance of Thanksgiving, and what we are thankful for. We all agreed to the fact, that we should be thankful for all the things we take for granted in our daily lives. One elderly Slavic woman pointed out that she is still tremendously grateful for the abundance of bread because in her childhood she lived through a time when there was literally nothing to eat. Her father passed away from hunger and to this day she is afraid to even drop one crumb on the floor because she values what God abundantly provides on America's tables! She said that if she sees food on the floor, she will move it to where the birds can eat it. Wow! Another young woman shared how she is thankful that God gives her hope. Hope in the future and hope for her life. A man shared how he is thankful for his wife of 22 years and for God being so patient with him throughout his life.
I am thankful for one more year of God providing His mercy and grace to me. I am thankful for His Word that tells of examples of men and women who have lived their lives and have left their lessons for me to learn. I am thankful for my family and that my parents are happily married for 30 years now. I'm thankful for my fiance, who I treasure as my gift from God.

1 comment:

Nat said...

Awe Im glas you guys had a great time! =) ...We really should be more thankful for everything we have...I'm really thankful for my husband...=) and I'm thankful for friends like you.!

Blessings