Friday, April 29, 2011

…Has Jesus changed your life?

As I was reading a few common verses that we have all probably read at least once at some point, the story of the healed leper stood out to me in a different light. In Mark 2:40-45, A leper comes to Jesus and asks Him to make him clean. Jesus touches him, and the leprosy leaves him. Then, it’s interesting that Jesus tells him, “See that you say nothing to anyone; but go, show yourself to the priest and offer for your cleansing what Moses commanded, as a testimony to them.”(vs. 44) The leper, however, leaves and begins to “proclaim it freely and to spread the news around, to such an extent that Jesus could no longer publicly enter a city…” (vs. 45)

As I was dwelling on this though, I felt convicted that I do not follow his example. The leper could not keep what Jesus did for him a secret, and instead he went out and proclaimed it freely. Jesus changed his life… HE made him clean. I can just picture him with eyes wide open, glowing from the miracle that happened, overflowing with joy and running through the streets sharing what Jesus has done for him….

Jesus changed my life… HE made me clean…HE Died for me…HIS Precious Blood washed away my sins…HE gave me life, eternity…the promise of salvation… and yet… where is my testimony?....
I felt convicted that for some odd reason I don’t share this news with others…
Where is my joy? Where is that passion that would burst the good news outward, and drive me running through the streets proclaiming what Christ has done for me…? Why do I keep it as a “secret”, and act as if it’s just a simple thing…? A miracle has happened! Jesus came into my life!!! I’m free to live eternally!!!....

O Lord, I Pray for such a passion… Please fill my heart with courage to share the news of my salvation with those who need it most…

Thank YOU!

1 comment:

Nadia said...

It's very true...I rarely share my testimony to others. Even my old high school friends that find me on Facebook notice I have changed (by some of comments and thoughts that I post), but I don't explain how come :/