Tuesday, May 5, 2009

{ a lil car accident and a moment of truth }

After my 12hour night shift, I walk to my car thinking about, of course, my pillow.

well that thought came to a rude halt when my car sounded like this: drrrrrkakakakakrkrkrrkrr rrr rrr rrr rrr

yea, my battery. So, as I hopelessly try to use whatever's left of my sleeping brain, I call the hospital's parking peeps. Well they kindly tell me they can't help since I wasn't parked on the hospital parking lot. boo-hoo

As I look up to heaven for some kind of miracle, I notice a sign that says "NO PARKING 6pm-8am" it was 7:55am. so I turn on my blinker lights and call my daddy-O to the rescue.

Here I notice one of the hospital parking peeps and I wave him down (even though i know he can't help)...well comming outta his car he tells me he can't help me, opening up my hood he explains why, and as he puts the two red and black thingimagiggies, he tells me he is known to be a jerk. I reassured him he has a big heart of endless gold and I will always remember this moment forever and will tell everyone who thinks he's a jerk they are wrong. well, not exactly. but I did say thank you.

As he started my car, the rest of my brain fell asleep and I kept smiling and saying thank you with my eyes practically shut. poor guy. I don't even bother to check my hood.

Well, on my way home, I think about how frustrated I was, my stupid car and the stupid battery, and the darn parking people and their rules. and Why did dad get me this battery that's probably shipped all the way from a village in Moldova no one knows existed....and I got so many compliments and so many people think my car is so nice and runs good, except they don't know its made of practically crap on the inside!!!grrrrr....and then I start to think...wow, I'm really ugly on the inside...kind of like my car right now. God showed a reflection..and I wasn't really happy with myself for thinking like that and quickly finding blame on others.

Thank you GOd for that lesson!

Then I thought, what if I needed the delay to protect me from a horrible wreck that couldve happened on the freeway...and I won't know the big picture until I got to heaven?? could be...and for a second I thought well,whatever! I just need a new car.
(wrong thought!!)

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

my hood came flying up into my face and I thought the world ended. THAT definitely woke me up, and the drivers on the freeway....and Thank God I was ok, and no one got hurt. But God did make sure I was fully awake to learn my lesson.

It's hard to stay optimistic during rough times, but I learned to filter my thoughts, I learned not to waste time on frustration...I learned to be thankful that God kept me from a possibly worse situation. I learned to trust everything that happens is not out of God's control...even if it is out of my control.

Be Blessed!

2 comments:

Nat said...

Wow....reading it over again even though I was there to hear the story live, still brings up a smile. GOD trully is amazing in His mercy of keeping us safe when dangerous situations arise. I am so glad you got back home that day(probably half asleep, exhausted, brain dead, supper irritated, etc...)but safe.

You know the lesson we learned at Bible study this week,... that having faith is trusting God fully and not depending on self...(that's just a hint of a reminder,...it was way more than that...) but as I was reading your post...especially this line of it : "I learned to trust everything that happens is not out of God's control...even if it is out of my control" ....
and I think that is exactly what God was doing...He was testing your faith. Even though it was so frustrating and all you probably wanted to do was complain, God still showed you a lesson out of it...and what you realized thoughtout the situation was that it wasn't out of God's control. You stoped depending on yourself when the situation was beyong your control...and here is where you started to depend on God....that was a leap of faith...

I love moments like these, even though they are scarry and unwanted at the time, they allow us to reflect back and see our faith either grow or crumble...we either trust God in a given situation to take control or we don't...

Thank you for sharing. May God bless you with a new car... (if it be His will).

Nadia said...

This is...wow! I'm speechless.