Saturday, May 30, 2009

Why Do You Believe in God?

he asked me. Just a minute ago he firmly decided that if God really does exist, He wouldnt care whether some Dr. R in the middle of sacramento believed in Him or not.

Dr. R looked puzzled by his own quesion, conciously preparing himself to challenge, object and reject my answer.

Dr. R, this blog is for you, and for anyone else who shares his curiosity....or maybe it is more than simply being curious.

Even in the fact that your mind questions, already means you are searching. Sometimes you search for what can validate and solidify your own understanding, sometimes you search for what you feel can be tackled philosophically. You may feel like a winner temporarily. However, while the mind will be satisfied, your heart will be unfulfilled because, instinctively, you will feel there is a hole in your soul... and there is more to life than living.

Dr. R, I believe in God because: He is my Creator, He is my Savior, He chose to Love me, a sinner. I love God. In Him I find true Happinness, in Him I am fulfilled, and In Him is my purpose here on earth.

Faith is a beautiful aspect of life, so powerful- that it requires no proof or fact. Faith is something that cannot be taken away by any physical force. It is what drives one to continue living, it is trusting in the future, in tomorrow, in every minute ahead.

Having received Faith from God, I can tell you it is more than believing. It is Knowing, 100%, that you have encountered Truth by His grace. Your soul is content to know that life with God is eternal Happiness. Your heart does not thirst, nor does it search any longer. You know that your Father in Heaven is holding you by the hand, and through anything in life, He will not let go of you. I see it, I feel it, I know it.

It is something that the world can never imitate. It is more than a feeling, or a mere emotional high. Science fails to experience anything like it despite their wonderful discoveries.

you, Dr. R, my friend, can know the Truth too. It is only when you stop searching with a hardened heart...that you would reveive the gift and ask: "How can people not believe in God?"

I invite you to share my happiness with God. Read His letter, personalized to you. The Bible.

4 comments:

Nat said...

Wow! I am amazed....you pretty much summarized it all right here...clear, to the point, and I don't think you missed anything. I do hope that whoevever this Dr. R is...that God may open the eyes of his heart to believe. There is no other way.
Thank you for such a strong and bold post Vicky...it made me question myself, and I couldn't answer it any better way than how you already said it. Praise the Lord!

maurine said...

Thanks victoria for sharing your warm posting with me!

daniel said...

Very true. I am glad that God has put that in your heart to share with us! Something that needs to be said.

Nadia said...

Love it love it love it!