Thursday, May 21, 2009

On the Edge of the Unknown


There comes a time when nothing seems clear. When and where should I take my next step? What should I choose? Why do I feel so confused? How come this is so frustrating? How come there is no clarity? This does not feel like where I should go! Lord, why me?

This is one of those times when I feel on the edge of the unknown. I feel anxious. Not knowing what in the world to expect. In my mind, thousands of concerns and fears gradually grow to elephant proportions. Tears threaten to spill over, but I feign calm. But there is one question that always rings out: What's next? I feel that my womanly intuition should be able to correctly signal to me a feeling of right and wrong to guide me forward. But that's not the case. Intuition...feeling only a static signal. Ideas...none whatsoever. Lost? Yes. Help? Aha.

I am at a crossroads. Uncertain, confused, and a tad bit mad at myself. Why am I taking this time of unknown so hard? Is this a major turn in my life? Why in the world do I have a sense of urgency to know? To know and see ahead of time where I will be...

I search through the Word of God and I find these golden words: We walk by faith not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7) and then I understand, that only faith in the Lord will help me to step over that edge of the unknown. Sight or intuition not needed.



5 comments:

Nat said...

sweetie...If you could only know how happy I am that you posted this...I am jumping with joy that i am not the only one feeling this...: "There comes a time when nothing seems clear. When and where should I take my next step? What should I choose? Why do I feel so confused? "
...
At times it is so overwhelming that I can't even get a clear sentence out, I don't know how you managed to write it all out in words.
God Bless you,

...you just encouraged me in ways I can't explian...FAITH is what I need right now...God will show me the way...

I am so sorry I coudln't help you much with your worries...just in a world of my own at the moment, and nothing seems clear...

I will pray for you.
Love you,

Atari-25 said...

There is much good1 in all of this, in hindsight you shall know2 all that he desires3 of you, Charles H. Spurgeon once said,

“Faith may swim where reason may only paddle4”



1Isa 55:11 so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

2Joh 8:31-8:32 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, "If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

3Pro 3:6 In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

4Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.



As you are in the word, you shall Be in Prayer,

1Th 5:28 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Victoria said...

I can really relate to this post because, generally, I'm not the most patient person in the world ;)

your encouragement really was like a tall, iced tea on a hot summer day. thank you!

I think the hardest part of the "unknown" is that I know God knows and I CAN'T WAIT for it to be revealed to me!!!!!!

Here is a poem called "waiting"

waiting for the endless train of happiness
to pick me up
a snail crawling to the top of the mountain
waiting for the smile of a rainbow
a smile of hope
a promise for survival
building endurance
through hoops and leaps of faith
I run the marathon of waiting.
drops of sweat meet drops of tears
falling down, looking up
my vision is limited to only now
a childish question tickles my thoughts
how long do I wait?
a price to pay to gain a gift
I never can deserve.
my seat is still reserved....
but patience pays the price.
If i must endure the wait
I should trust this I could bear
my mind racing to the top
one step at a time
every hour, let it chime
ticking clock, hands of which
no one can control.
waiting for infinity
one day at a time.
___________________
at first, this poem is about waiting for answers that pertain to MY life, MY questions, MY burdens, MY unknowns....and through the journey, God teaches me the most important: to wait upon the Lord, to wait for His comming, to wait for...well...infinity.

thanks again for your post nadia~!

Nat said...

I like your peom Vicky...thanx for sharing! ...one thing though...what do you mean by "endless train of happiness to pick me up"...that line just stood out for some reason, ...
I feel as if at times I'm waiting for an event to come which i think will bring me happiness, but in reallity, it's in Jesus that we find True joy/ hapiness, ...i catch myself at that often,I should already by on that train of endless happiness b/c I know Jesus...and even if my "train" takes me through dungeons of the unknown, i think i need to learn to still be happy b/c I am never alone...
but that was my off topic, still kinda interested in what you ment by that....

If you don't mind sharring...no pressure..

Victoria said...

oh =) no problem...

to me, the endless train of hapiness was exactly what you mentioned...it represents infinity-heaven (endless). "train" because we will literally be "picked up" or uplifted into the heavens to be more exact...and happiness is ultimately spending infinity with Love...the one and only...God, our Saviour.