Monday, August 2, 2010

A Must-Read, A Happy Heart, Unpredictable God


We know that Jesus Christ is, was and will always be the same. (Heb 13:8). I am convinced, however, God is very unpredictable. Let me explain, If we are created in His image (a whole new topic for another time) we can relate to Him in some characteristics and emotions.

The joy I feel when I do something special without anyone expecting it is indescribable! So I imagine, He must feel that when His provision, His plans, His special moments for us catch us in surprise and He is in return Glorified. You know what I'm talking about...that AHA! moment after a very tough time in your life...when God's hand is seen through it all in the end. =)

To Him be the Glory!! He knows and chooses to be so intimately involved in the intricate details of your life.

A happy heart: when you realize the above, the words "don't worry, be happy" have a much deeper meaning. This month, I am challenged and reminded, to be happy. The devil will try to steal that away...but he is no match for me! The boxing gloves I have will leave him toothless!
What I need to do is equip myself with what God has so wonderfully provided:

Philippians 4:6-7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Psalm 46
"God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging."

Lastly, A must read for all...Love and Respect by Dr. Eggerichs. Have I already mentioned this book here?? if not, shame on me. If I have, good! READ IT! its definitely a book I would not mind reading again. This is coming from someone who wouldn't read books twice!

I would love to hear your thoughts and opnions on the book if you have read it. that would be an additional post =)

Hope you have a joyful heart
In His Love

1 comment:

Nat said...

Awe...Your post put a smile on my face! =) Thank you for the inspiration..(i like the part about the devil being tothless...! what a great way to visualize the power we have through God's Word in conquering the battles with the devil.

p.s. also thanks for the reminder about the book...I started reading it....a while back....don't know where it is..(I think someone's borrowing it...)

Blessings!