Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Store into the Eternal Bank

Each day flies by and vanishes and I'm not sure where these days go. I'm not even sure if I have any excuses for the empty, wasted days I spent and I don't know how I will face God when He reveals the recordings of my life. Solomon says in the book of Ecclesiastes: I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit. Ecclesiastes 1:14 Vanity is that which is pointless, worthless. Vexation is something that is a nuisance.
In the end, what will matter is how we glorified God. Did we stop and consider His call to spread His Word? Did we sacrifice our time and energy into what is eternal, unending, imperishable? Here on earth we will still continue to store our bank accounts with money to help our children get into college. We will save up for our comfortable retirement. We will store our kitchens with the needed supply of food. Lets not forget to store into our eternal bank. That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord. 1 Corinthians 1:31

1 comment:

Nat said...

Amen sister! Nicely said.
~Blessings