Thursday, June 4, 2009

I Am Not Super Woman

So hear I am on vacation (from college for the time being) and I am exhausted! I take two hour naps during the day when I had enough hours of night sleep. I can barely keep my mind rolling to concentrate on what I'm reading in a book. I feel like I have carpal tunnel syndrome after I've hand-written some notes for an hour or so. My mind automatically flips to the next day and I plan what I will do and where I will need to go, but yet I haven't yet finished living in the present day. (You see, living one day at a time just aint my philosophy. "sigh") Constantly there is tons of information that my brain has to regurgitate such as all the news headlines yelling at me whenever I open the internet web page, things that I need to buy, urgent letters to send out, bills to pay, appointments to remember to attend, meetings that don't end, precautions to take, worries to dispell, promises to fulfill (and obligations). But I'm so young!!!"sigh" I think I got the point across.
Through all this chaos I and many others I am sure are trying to keep our heads above the water. Trying to stay afloat but losing our strength minute by minute. This world or the people in it are not going to slow down or pause for several seconds to take a breather. Noooo, but since the world is still revolving, it doesn't mean we have to chaotically run to follow the rest of the people who are revolving with it. We sometimes forget in our rush that physically our bodies wear out, but more importantly we begin to wilt spiritually as well.
God has one simple loving advice for you and me: "Be still and know that I am God..." (Psalms 46:10) Simple and to the point. Be still. Stop. Quit running (with your legs, tongue, and mind). Reach for the Word of God. Relish in getting to know God. The God who is sovereign and can take away the anxiety and the dilemmas we meet each day. The God who tells us not to consume our thoughts with irrelevant news and to not worry because He is the King of Kings. Do not follow the world's mantra of "Live your day to its fullest". But rather LIVE your day fully for the glory of God. Stay in contact with your Father throughout your day. Know, that you're in better hands now.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Do not follow the world's mantra of "Live your day to its fullest". But rather LIVE your day fully for the glory of God. Stay in contact with your Father throughout your day. Know, that you're in better hands now.

LOVE IT! thank you =)God Bless!

Nat said...

I feel ya Nadchos!...even though I would just loooove to take a couple naps through the days, i feel as if now that college is over for the summer semester (at least for me)...i now have less time than when i had when i was a full-time student! I do work now almost everyday, but that's not an excuse...and when i'm not at work i'm still working! harder than ever...jeeeeez..work never ends.
What keeps me going is what you mentioned..."stay in contaact with your Father"...there is nothing like waking up early in the morning, (early enough to not have to run to work while stuffing a contact in one eye, and a putting on a shoe half way out the door while balancing your lunch and the travel mug with the morning tea, and running back to get the cell phone which is upstairs on the windowsill...)..(hahaha..got carried away...my mornings are not THAT dramatized!)...i was saying...to wake up early and have a pecefull moment to dwell on the Word of God and pray, and I mean really pray to have a relationship with God, not just a checkmark of all the blessings i need in every aspect of the day....when i start my days off that way, then throughout the day I am still filled with a continuous prayer and things are balanced.
...
I say, now that college is out, we need to plan our schedules of our free time! lol....cuz it just seemed to disapear!...

Thanx for posting!..