Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Bridge that Joins the Two...








It’s the bridge that joins the two…a world of chaos and a world of peace and order…
On one side you have the fast lanes of the freeway, the sound of speeding cars trying to reach their destinations…who knows where they are going…who knows if they will even get there…
Life’s too short to keep on moving, zooming through it at the speed of light….
This is when I like the other side to turn to…a world of peace and order…
Here, the water calmly flows, the soft wind touches your face- drying all your tears away…
Here, my soul is filled with peace, joy, and comfort at the thought of Jesus…
Here, I find strength to renew my mind, here I feel God’s presence…
It is here where I find hope in the future which lies ahead of me,
And it's here where I look up…and with a humble heart say, “Jesus, you have brought me here this far, through the fast lanes of the freeways, pain and sorrow You allowed, just to make me stronger…
You have brought me throut so much, that which I could never go through…if it hadn’t been for You, here to lift me when my hart is aching.
Here, you show me two extremes, that the life of fast paced chaos…only wears out my poor soul, and no matter how fast I go…there will always be a road ahead- one that’s never ending…
And the other side of this…if my life were only calm and quiet…not much action, not much pain…I’d get sick of it in no time…
Here you open up my eyes, to see that bride that joins the gap...
A world of peace, and a world of chaos.
And even though I can’t escape, not one world and not the other…they are both a great big part in my lifelong, earthly journey.
Thank you Jesus for allowing me, to see the beauty of this bridge…
Not in physical appearance…not just in the landscape scenes, or the quietness around it…but the content that it brings…the deep meaning that’s behind it…
It’s the bridge between two worlds…a world of chaos, and a world of peace and order,
It’s the bridge where I find peace in the midst of all the chaos…
It’s the bridge where I find hope, for the fast and untold future…
Here, Your presence fills my heart…
And I thank You Father, truly.”

3 comments:

Nadia said...

I love that bridge! Closer to the water is where I prefer to be! Thanks for posting this Nat! This means a lot!

Chaplain Cris Nole said...

Awsome blog!!!!!

Victoria said...

awwwww NAT!!! tearz! This is such a heart felt and sincere prayer =) thank you for letting us have a glimpse of your precious moments with God. and Thank you for the reminder that our hope is in Him alone. luv ya!