Friday, July 17, 2009

*I Love You Jesus*


Do you find yourself realizing that the people we tend to spend most of our time with are the people we love? The more time we spend with someone, the more we want to get to know that someone, and the more we realize how much we love that someone…sounds familiar? Maybe?...I guess you could take this in as if I were talking about a prince charming…(every girls dream! Hehe) ….and yes, it could be, …only I haven’t met my ‘prince charming’ yet,- so in this post…I’ll be referring to a different Prince Charming…ONE of everyone’s dreams…
I find that the more time I spend with God’s Word, the more I see God’s Glory. The more I see HIS Glory, the more It draws me in…my heart is filled with Praises to the LORD and I Glorify God in my heart as I read about the wonders of HIS works…HIS Wonders to the people of Israel, HIS Mercy and Loving-kindness, HIS Wrath, HIS Forgiveness, HIS Grace, etc…the list is never ending. It always amazes me that no matter how much time one spends with the BIBLE, there will ALWAYS be more to learn and more to study. Our GOD is Infinite. At times it’s hard for my mind to grasp the meaning of that, I want to fill up my head with all the knowledge of GOD there is…that’s not possible either. God is INFINITE and we will never reach the full understanding and knowledge of HIM here on earth…never the less…this only motivates me to spend even more time in a relationship with God. Since HE is Infinite, there will always be something more that HE will reveal to me when I seek HIM.
I find this to be like a continuous circle: the more time I spend with the Word of God, the more I am inspired by the God of the universe, the more I Glorify God, the more I pray. I pray as a response to that overwhelming feeling in my heart, the joy, the love, the peace the Glory that I want to give back to HIM, my heart is praying to the ONE Who deserves this Glory. The more I pray, the more I want that feeling to come back, so here I go again, I read, rejoice, I Glorify the Lord. He answers prayers, once again, putting HIS Glory on Display….
It’s a relationship that never ends…there is no limit. It makes me realize how much I love God, and how much I depend on HIM to keep me going. (Let’s not forget however, that the Bible says that if we LOVE Him, we obey HIS Word…in order to obey It, we must read It.)

I want to encourage everyone to long for this relationship with God, to be filled with HIS Glory and in response, Glorify HIM…then come back to the Source of that which shows HIS Glory, and Glorify HIM even more…
~Blessings

2 comments:

Victoria said...

AMEN!!!!!!!

pursueing_God said...

i echo that amen. this is one of the greatest mysteries and paradoxes of our Christian faith. the more we get to know God the more we realize how little we do know of Him. i used to have, and am trying to get back to, several hours of devotionals, just spending time with God and i cannot write enough of how that impacted my days...you are constantly praying, always conversing with God and every spare minute you grab to spend just another moment with Him! i echo your article Nat and say Amen, may the grace of God be poured upon you and may He open your eyes to see the preciousness of spending time with Him