Sunday, February 15, 2009

Nice To Meet You

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." (Romans 12:2)

So I met this great person randomly on valentine's day. hahaha no this aint a love story!


Nonetheless, God has shown me what it means to love someone as a person, and for that reason alone, share: the Truth, God's Marvelous unconditional Love for us and His gift of forgiveness/salvation!

One great moment in our conversation that will forever stay with is when he shared his personal thoughts/new experiences with me..one of them, for example:

If there is a situation in your life where things get out of hand, or not by the plan, or just go downhill...let's say the husband takes the wife's car to get smogged, and the car doesn't have the necessary paperwork in it when the husband specifically noted to the wife that he is taking the car...how would you react in his shoes? It wouldn't surprise me if you would feel annoyed that the wife didn't prepare the vehicle...or that she is disorganized, or if you feel upset/outraged even, that you need to drive ALL the way back home to get those papers--only to drive back and find out they close in 20 minutes and it cannot be done that day. Generally, if you are either annoyed, mad, upset, outraged...you would be understood.

But wait! my new friend tells me,
instead of finding blame in a situation like that...just ANALYZE IT! Yes, the situation may have gone bad...INSTEAD think to yourself: what could I HAVE DONE to make this better or to prevent this? maybe I could have reminded my wife an hour before going...maybe I could have checked for the paperwork to be in the care before driving off...maybe I could have called to know the hours they are open before making my trip back!!

WHAT A POSITIVE OUTLOOK!!!!!! i thought to myself.

This was a great tool I learned today and I hope I will utilize it in all my upside down moments in life. Its great because in ANY circumstance, this can be applied because, as long as you are a part of it, YOU could have influenced it, and since it didnt go perfect....just analyze.

and Again,in basic english:
And let not your behaviour be like that of this world, but be changed and made new in mind, so that by experience you may have knowledge of the good and pleasing and complete purpose of God.
(Romans 12:2)

2 comments:

Nat said...

I loved hearing the full version of this amazing story, but even this little aspect you pointed out was great...
and it's not POSITIVE THINKING that Vicky was emphasizing everyone, but having a POSITIVE ATTITUDE! I think there's a big difference...

I really liked the phrase :

" ...because, as long as you are a part of it, YOU could have influenced it..."

I think that sums it up...because we have the Spirit of GOD living in us, GOD can use us to change our surroundings...in every aspect of life.

I truly belive that is what was happening at 6:24pm on Feb 14th, 2009 with you Vicky...(or whatever time it was)...
and also I am amazed at God's humor from time to time...(if I can put it that way)...
I mean, what an awesome day to teach a soul about truly loving a person like GOD loves mankind, other than the day when millions of people are celebrating Valentine's Day!!!

Victoria said...

yes thank you! Not positive thinking...deeper than that: A Godly way of reflecting in any given situation.

thank you for clarifying Nat.
God Bless