Friday, February 6, 2009

Born For More


Ever wonder in your life if you were trully born for more? Besides the earnest effort of trying your best to stay afloat in this busy world, haven't you once thought God put you in this world and He had a plan, perhaps... for you to do more? More than sleep, eat, take care of your family, work, and repeat the cycle again.
Last year, the Lord opened my eyes and showed me that there is trully more that I am capable of doing to glorify His name and all I did was to pray if it was HIS will for me to go beyond my comfort zone. I WAS born for more!!!
This week I was blessed by a good friend of mine (Sveta B. this blog is all because of your awesome book you gave me!!!Thank you!!) who gave me a book by the name of "The Prayer of Jabez for Women" by Darlene Wilkinson. I sat reading the entire book almost till 4 o'clock in the morning because this was a book like no other. This book is based on the prayer of Jabez from the old testament (I posted the prayer in the little purple window next to this post... hint hint). There is not a whole lot of information about this man but a few sentences of his prayer was all that was needed in the bible to draw a picture of an honorable man who earnestly asked God what none of us ever think to ask. This is how I applied this man's prayer to my spiritual life.
1.)Oh that you would bless me...
A man once asked Napoleon for an incredible favor. The man knew that he deserved nothing from this great general, yet Napoleon immediately granted his request. When someone inquired as to the reason, Napoleon replied, "He honored me by the magnitude of his request."
God is also honored when you and I come boldly to ask for his blessing and favor. That's because we ask according to His greatness and not according to our worthiness. (Wilkinson 32, 33)
2.) ... that you would enlarge my territory.
When we plead with God to expand our borders, we're asking Him to remove the limits on what we can do and who we can become. We're begging Him to throw wide open the doors of opportunity and enlarge our place in this world. (Wilkinson 37)
"Let me do more for You. Expand my territory so that I can have a greater impact for You," is what we should be saying to God. (Wilkinson 38)
Part of God's plan for expanding your territory could include your raising children who will someday accomplish great things for God's kingdom. (Wilkinson 40)
The Proverbs 31 woman expanded her territory through a variety of avenues. We're told, "She considers a field and buys it; from her earnings she plants a vineyard" (v. 16,NASB) And, "She extends her hand to the poor, and she stretches out her hands to the needy" (v. 20 NASB) (Wilkinson 42)
You eagerly say yes to an exciting border-expanding opportunity-only to realize that you've gotten yourself in way over your head... As you are about to discover, the wonderful truth is that you're right where God wants you! (Wilkinson 50)
3.)...that Your hand would be with me...
Ask for God's hand to be on you! He can bring you favor with others and give you wisdom to know how to pray and what to say. (Wilkinson 57)
God isn't scanning the horizon looking for superwomen. He is actively looking for those who will believe and trust Him to do what is humanly impossible...just like Esther. (old testament book of Esther) (Wilkinson 61)
4.)Oh, that You would keep me from evil...
You see, those who are content to do a few things for God don't bother Satan. Those who remain in their comfort zone pose little or no threat to him. But when you begin to take terrritory for God, guess whose territory you're invading? (Wilkinson 66) "your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour" (1 Peter 5:8)
"pray that you may not enter into tempation" (Luke 22:40)
"Therefor submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you" (James 4:7)
5.)...that I might not cause pain.
Jabez had a reason quiet apart from his honorable character for asking God to keep him from evil. He included it right in his prayer-"that I may not cause pain."
All of us know from experience that the consequences of sin always include pain. When I sin, I hurt myself, others, and God. (Wilkinson 78)
So God granted him what he requested.
Let me encourage you to pray this prayer. Unselfishly let God expand your territory and bless you!! Let all glory be to Him!! I prayed this prayer, and God granted me my request. Why won't you?

3 comments:

Nat said...

Thank you so much...I'm praying...this is very encouraging...God Bless!

Victoria said...

wow, so much power in that prayer. what a great example! thank you Nadia!!

Anonymous said...

Thank keep being encouraging to others it is a blessing; but be sure to use Spiritual Discernment with that book. Continue in the study in the word of God and remember what is written. 5:14-18 And we urge you, brothers, admonish the idle, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with them all. See that no one repays anyone evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to everyone. Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

God Bless!