Sunday, February 22, 2009

SINNER


A sinner's head bow:
when the chin, digging into the sternum
is too heavy to be lifted-
nor does it attempt to be raised.
It is pointing, focusing on thou self
eyes dropped so low
I can only see my tears
ashamed to face my fears-
reflecting sins

I. am. A sinner.
Weaker than a broken branch,
Dark like the deepest corner in the sea...
Guilty
I am guilty.

The antidote of "forgive me"
is marinating in my mind,
Camps on the tip of my tongue
It is held hostage, behind my teeth--
It is held hostage, by me

Throbbing in my temples,
searching a way out,
Fails
To escape my grip,
But it grows within me
Every minute, with every breath I take


Every version of reason and excuse
Is gently melted by it...
And deep inside,
The story of my righteousness,
an unsuccessful rough draft,
Abandoned.

I begin to search-
Find the sword within me,
Rid myself from guilt,
and be freed
From the chains that bind me!

..I search through my mind
my conscience, my pride,
I. Find. Nothing.
I go into my heart
where letters I find:
Scattered, Beaten, and Forgotten.

Unable to shield myself from the world,
I play word scrabble with myself-
Only to find....the Truth that sets me free:
"For God so loved the world...He gave His
One and Only Son..." for me.

8 comments:

Nat said...

Awwwe...did you write that? Very meaningfull. God Bless...post some of your songs on here already, will ya!

Victoria said...

yea I'm working on a topic about sin, and its still in process of opening up to me. so this is the "pre" whatever. hahha

Nadia said...

Thanks Vicks for FINALLY posting one of your poems!!! Let the talent flow sista!!!

Victoria said...

aww, no talent, just thoughts

Nat said...

whatever no talent!!! ppppaaallleeezzzzeee!! don't dig em' deep...you'll be sorry. let that light of your's shine! For God's glory!!!

Irina said...

Wow Victoria, so talented. who knew that? Agh and you dug it all inside, not wanting even to share, come on show some more of the light. maybe ima start saying them at church?.. good idea huh?

Lena said...

Victoria, thank you for your incredible thoughts that you expressed on paper! Your poem really made me stop and think of who I am in front of God....
I miss you so much, you are such a blessing for me!

Anonymous said...

Excellent poem. Great use of vocabulary and unique sentence composition. Keep up your God given talent. I was very surprised when Tanya told me about your vast poem repetoire. Had to read for myself and your skill definitely corroborates the claim. On a side tangent, this blog site is awesome. Your co-bloggers Nadia and Nataliya have posted some wonderful articles. I particularly loved the one by Nadia on modesty. A heartful, researched, and rational argument in support of modesty. I hope guys will read it and more importantly the ladies.
Best regards,
Yury