Wednesday, January 14, 2009

We give HIM a Manger...

Okay...to everyone reading this blog...even though I'm a bit late, my friends encouraged me to post this...here's a quick preface...
Durring the series of Christmas services we had at church just a little while ago, God sent me this thougth to show me personally the deep meaning behind Jesus being placed in a manger...now I say "me personally" because you may not agree, but regardless, here it goes...

...I was wondering what was the importance of Jesus being born in a manger...for the Bible says "Mary...gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn." -Luke 2:5-7 (NIV)...

The people of Nazareth at that time did not know that Jesus was the Son of God and the King of Kings, and it seems acceptable that at that time, the only place that was available was the manger. So it was...Jesus was born in the only place that He was given...in a manger. Flying over thousands of years into today, we...(all of us still living) know that Jesus is the Son of God and King of Kings...and the sad thing is...WE STILL GIVE HIM A MANGER. ...think of it this way...instead of giving Jesus our whole heart, giving HIM our best and our all...the only thing we give Him is what's left...a small used manger in our heart...sometimes even that with no passion...How pathetic it is of us, to know that Jesus is THE MESSAIAH, KING, GOD, ...and STILL...give HIM only a manger instead of the best inn possible...our heart and soul. How unexcusable it would be for us to say that we didn't know HE was God, and how shamefull it will be to face JESUS one day, (if we even get that far) and have HIM say "you only gave me a manger...and I gave my life for you" .

It was like an eye opener to me...becuase like I mentioned above...this was for "me personally" God speaking and the Holy Spirit convicting me of being so selfish as to only leave a small part of my life to God instead of oppening my whole heart to HIM. If Jesus wasn't born in a manger but in a mansion with all the services at His side, then I think many people who live in poverty would not be able to relate to Him and understand...I would not be able to relate HIS comming into the world to HIS presence in my heart.

I hope and pray that this in one way or another, now or maybe years from now will help you or convict you just like it touched my heart.

~Blessings

3 comments:

Victoria said...

THANK YOU!!!! I absolutely love your analogies! can't wait to read more =) and I do use them, especially with my bible class..but I quote the source, of course!lol

Nadia said...

Thanks for FINALLY posting!!! WE WANT MORE!!

Irina said...

thanks sweetie.. that was a good point, thats a great combinding, that actually gives a thought, and makes a lot more sense. thanks! totally waiting for more.